Saturday, December 15, 2012

Silent Warrior by Thomas Dewitt

"Silent Warrior" by Thomas Dewitt gets 4 stars from me. I was excited to read this book because the author lives in my hometown. The only  two reasons I gave it 4 instead of 5 is because it is Sci fi and Sci fi isn't my cup of tea and a few cuss words.The F word is used once.  In that one case I suppose it was appropriate for the screen the author was describing. I did like that the details of Litchfield, Illinois and surrounding  areas were so vivid that I could actually see the places in my mind. Even through I don't like Sci fi this story was easy to follow.
Troy Tandem wakes up on a deserted island. The last thing he remembers is helping a young lady that is being beaten by thugs and he thought he was beaten to death. When he finally finds other people he is shocked to find that it has been 7 years.  The story follows his travels and discoveries as Troy makes his home to his wife Tori and their 2 children. Troy discovers he has special powers and when he does get back home he realizes he can't really be with his family and keep them safe.  I think the ending will surprise you. It makes me wonder if another book is coming.

No comments: