Sunday, June 29, 2014

"Future Savior Book One: Conception" by Jennifer Hartz

Book Overview: 

"I do not think it is a question of where, but when." These were the words, Charis, the Prophet, left Christina's mother with when Christina disappeared from Meric... before she was ever born.

Christina Vaughn has a pretty normal -- albeit lonely -- life in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Until one day she's transported to the fantastical land of Meric. Within her first tweny minutes in this crazy place she's been attacked by man-eating Vaipes, learned her father was a power wielding Guardian, and discovered that the silvery-blue eyes intriguing her for her whole life belong to her Watcher, Shaw.
Oh yeah... and she's the prophesied Savior who's supposed to save Meric from a war-mongering tyrant who can manipulate people's thoughts and control their minds.
Christina's question isn't where or when... it's how. How can she save the people of Meric when she can't even keep herself from falling in love?
My Review:
I am giving"Future Savior Book One: Conception" by Jennifer Hartz five stars!  I must say that I am really surprised that I am because I don't usually like fantasy but the more I read this book the more I really liked it. The ending really makes me want to read book two in this series.
I have to be honest and also say I did have my doubts when I first started reading this, whether I would even be finishing it or not.  The first event in the story was just too far out of my imagination. I mean how can a four month fetus be removed from it's mother's womb and replaced into another woman body, but it happened in this story! 

 Christina is a high school Physical Education and Health teacher who is suddenly transported  to Meric and learns that most think she is the savior and who will bring peace to the land and defeat Leticia, the evil Guardian. 

This book has references to the one True God, who Shaw believes in. Christina is falling in love with Shaw. Does Shaw love her also, or is he just keeping his promise to her father and mother to protect her?  He has been her protector for thirty years, she just didn't know!

The story except for the event I have already mentioned is easily followed and the characters are  described so well it's almost like you are there watching the scenes unfolding before your eyes!

The ending leaves this reader wanting to know more about these characters!

This book has war and evil and happiness and sadness.  I really cannot wait to read the next book 

"Future Savior Book Two: Ressurection" which is waiting on my kindle.


I was given an ebook copy by the author for my honest opinion!

About Jennifer: 

 Jennifer attempted to write her first novel, an epic tale featuring fairies losing their magic wands to evil trolls, when she was six years old. She has been a fan of fantasy and sci-fi ever since. From the land of Mordor to a galaxy far, far away, Jennifer loves it all. 

Born in Pittsburgh, but currently living in North Carolina with her amazing husband and beautiful son, Jennifer spends her days writing, reading, and dreaming up her next fantasy. Other than reading the Bible, Jennifer loves to read and write Speculative Fiction with romantic storylines and exciting twists. 
To learn more about Jennifer and her crazy writing adventures, please visit the following web hotspots:  
Twitter: @JenniferLHartz
Facebook: Jennifer Hartz

No comments: