Monday, December 28, 2015

"Leveraging Lincoln": A Civil War Novel (The Liberator Series Book 1) by Stephenia H. McGee

Book Info : 
"All we have to do is kidnap their President…." 

Four years of war have reduced the South to near annihilation. Homes lay smoldering and men become desperate. Amid the shadows of fear, a clandestine group waits for an opportunity to change the course of history. 

Harlot, liar, spy… 
On the threshold of losing her plantation, Annabelle Ross finds a cryptic letter on a dying soldier and seizes the opportunity to get out a message of her own. She never dreamed her plan would brand her a suspected spy… or worse, an unwilling conspirator. 

Deserter, traitor, accomplice… 
When Matthew Daniels's brother is taken captive, he finds himself caught up in a plot to gain leverage on the Union. The lines are drawn in blood, and the risk is there for the taking. But will his reckless gamble cost him the woman he had determined not to love? 

She wants to save her home. He wants to save his brother. Together, they may just save a nation. 

Part one of the Liberator Series, a trilogy following the adventures and romance of Annabelle Ross and Matthew Daniels as they play a part in the dramatic conclusion of Abraham Lincoln's life. 
Book One - November 2015 
Book Two - Summer 2016 
Book Three - Winter 2016

Author Biography: 

Stephenia McGee is a wife, mother of two very active little boys, author, and lover of all things historical. Stephenia currently lives in Mississippi with her husband and sons where she writes stories of faith, redemption and life steeped in southern culture.






My Review:
"Leveraging Lincoln": A Civil War Novel (The Liberator Series Book 1) by Stephenia H. McGee is a great book ! I have to be honest and say that when I first started reading I wasn't that impressed, but that is because I didn't read the  book info first and thought it was book 3 to the (Ironwood Plantation Family series)."Leveraging Lincoln": A Civil War Novel (The Liberator Series Book 1) by Stephenia H. McGee is the first book in a new series (The Liberator Series).  I just knew that I liked the ( Ironwood series so much that I wanted to read any book written by Stephenia McGee. But after reading"Leveraging Lincoln" I started enjoying it and had to finish it. I quickly changed my mind and am giving it a 5 star rating! 

The ending leaves me wanting the next in the series. 

As you can probably guess from the description of the book if you read it( at the top of this blog post) before my review and the title, the series is about President Lincoln.  Some of the characters are the same characters as in the Ironwood series but this is a completely different series. But I encourage you to read both series.

The story is fictional but has well known people involved in the plot!  If you are a fan of Historical fiction and a clean romance than "Leveraging Lincoln" is a great book for you! 

The romance between Matthew and Annabelle is an unlikely match but aren't those the sweetest and what readers like to read about?

Annabelle is trying to save her home in the midst of the war and Matthew is trying to rescue his brother after being captured by the enemies! 

While reading some of the plots and twists in this book, I could actually see them happening in my mind, a sign of a good story! 

I am anxiously awaiting book 2 in this series! 

I really don't know what else to say except read these books ( yes I know the review is about "Leveraging Lincoln" but I say read all three books.) I have written reviews for the other two books and if you want to read them here are the links
and 

No comments: