Friday, August 3, 2018

"Little Bunny's Own Storybook " by Margaret Welwood

The story here is told in verse
to help your child with reading.
Your child will find the words that rhyme
and follow as you're leading.

This picture book for children between the ages of three and eight tells the story of a little rabbit who takes matters into his own hands when he finds the library closed for inventory. Little Bunny’s Own Storybook is a celebration of libraries, literacy, family, and the initiative and creativity of children (both human and rabbit).




My Review: 
"Little Bunny's Own Storybook " by Margaret Welwood is a delightful picture storybook for children.

 Author Margaret Welwood contracted me and asked if I would read her book for children, "Little Bunny’s Own Storybook". I read a lot of books, but not children’s books. But I thought "Why not, my grandchildren like me to read to them.  I am so glad she asked me and that I said yes.

My grandson Gabe, aged three loved this book and wanted me to read it over and over to him and even told me the story when I told him to read it to me.  The pictures are delightful as well.  I think I can say that this book is a hit in the Curto household. I might just have to buy the print book for them to have this book at their home as well as at grandma's.

I was given a complimentary copy by the author. These opinions are my own.

 To purchase
https://www.amazon.com/Little-Bunnys-Storybook-Margaret-Welwood-ebook/dp/B01MU5L3UF/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1533303695&sr=8-1&keywords=little+Bunny%27s+own+storybook


About Margaret Welwood
Great Aunt Lily taught me to read, my mother parked me in the book section of The Bay while she did her shopping, and my grade 12 English teacher encouraged me to write.

So here we are *several* years later . . . .

I have written over 100 traditionally published magazine and newspaper articles. I also edited a diabetes education guide that won first place in the reference category of the Writer's Digest Self-Published Book Awards (2010).

And I taught English as a Second Language for years with stories as a mainstay.

Now a new door has opened into Storyland . . . the world I'm exploring with my grandchildren. My first picture book for children, "Scissortown," is the only one I know of that offers a choice of inside back cover. "Marie and Mr. Bee" offers a choice of last page.

"Little Bunny's Own Storybook" is a celebration of libraries, literacy, family, and the initiative and creativity of children (both human and rabbit).

I also like to encourage young readers and writers--my site features stories and art by children 7-12 years old. You may wish to check out some of their interesting and colorful creations.

A weekly storytime with young children as well as time spent with my grandchildren have made for some interesting discoveries about children's literature. I blog about these discoveries and review my top picks on Goodreads and other sites.

Locally, I help adults improve their listening, speaking, reading and writing skills one-on-one. I also offer editing and proofreading services.

No comments: