Tuesday, January 28, 2014

" God Loves Broken People: And Those Who Pretend They're Not" by Sheila Welsh

" God Loves Broken People: And Those Who Pretend They're Not" by Sheila Welsh is a five star book.

I saw Sheila Welsh at a Women of Faith conference and have looked for her books ever since and found this one at my local library and I am not disappointed.

This book is about how to turn your brokenness to God to allow Him to show you how  strongly He loves us.

This book is about brokenness but I don't believe you have to be in a broken state to get encouragement from it!

Sheila uses her life's struggles and real life examples of other's people life to show how brokenness is really a sign that God does loves us. In fact pain and brokenness are a sign that He does loves us and she proves that in this book.She uses Biblical scriptures to prove this fact.

I really like the chapter on the meaning of "Communion".

This book will have you saying I didn't think my pain and brokenness could do that or it is  for this purpose!  I was so moved by this book that I kept updating my Facebook status with quotes from it!

I will think of pain and trouble in my life differently after reading this book! I will recommend this book to everyone that I can.

I even brought the ebook version after reading this so I can refer to it again. And at the end of the book there is a Bible study for each chapter.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Sounds like a great book to have Debbie! Thanks for a great review of it!

Blessings!
Judy B

Debbie Curto said...

it is a great book Judy!