Monday, October 22, 2018

"The Awakened (The Lazarus Chronicles Book 1)" by Richard Spillman

Everyone dies once. But what if a chosen few were raised from the dead? 

Two thousand years ago Jesus resurrected his friend, Lazarus, who founded a secret organization: SOAR. Since then Jesus has added to the resurrected—The Awakened—to aid Lazarus in SOAR's battle against Satan's slaves, the UnVeilers. The threat is escalating. The UnVeilers have stepped up their attacks on mankind through a charming leader and a devastating series of bombings in Dubai and Tel Aviv. 

But the invasion doesn't stop with international terrorism. The UnVeilers are searching for a secret that Jesus embedded in Lazarus’ journal that not even Lazarus knows—and it will determine the fate of mankind. After a failed cyber-attack against SOAR's computers, Lazarus and his team of experts must find the secret before the UnVeilers do. What clue is he overlooking that could turn the tide of this ageless conflict? 

The souls fighting with Lazarus are weary, but the war against evil is far from won. Can Lazarus and his team set aside their longing for heaven and put a stop to these satanic attacks before it's too late?

TO Purchase : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GCT3DV4/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i0

About Richard Spillman

Dr Richard Spillman founded the Kingdom is Near Ministries (KIN). Through KIN he has supported an orphanage in Uganda as well as a church/school for kids from conflict zones in the Philippines. He has small teams on short term missions into slums and jungles around the world. He has also taught in DTS for YWAM in Mali, South Korea, India and the Philippines.

Visit his web site: spillmanauthor.com
Join his facebook group: bit.ly/spillmanauthor


My Review: 
"The Awakened (The Lazarus Chronicles Book 1)" by Richard Spillman is a perfect example of how a reader shouldn't limit their reading choices and proclaim that they don't like a certain genre. I say this because I have always said that I don't like paranormal reads and especially if the book is categorized in the Christian genre but after reading this book I can no longer say that.

Even though the book is fiction, it makes me think that events described in the book could have  happened because Satan does roam the earth and Jesus did raise Lazarus from the dead as well as others. I mean isn't that why we read fiction and authors write it so we can imagine "What If".

I really liked reading Lazarus diary events from his life with Jesus.

I really like the fact that there were no sex or curse words in this story. I do have to say that one character is having a hard time with forgiveness and accepting that God loves her because of sexual abuse in the past by a family member but no descriptions are in the story.

This is a story that deals with international terrorism and really kept me turning the pages. I only have one complaint and that is, I have to wait till book two is out.  Yes, I felt the book ended with a cliff hanger but at the same time the book ended at a good point. But, the complaint is one all readers have  and I have to say that it is a good complaint because it keeps the readers and the authors doing what they do which is writing the books and the readers reading and waiting for more.

I guarantee that if you pick up "The Awakened (The Lazarus Chronicles Book 1)" by Richard Spillman you won't put it down until you finish it and then you will want book two immediately.

I was given a complimentary copy by the author. These opinions are my own. 

No comments: