Tuesday, October 1, 2019

"God's Rebel" by Michelle Janene l








She is a woman without a name. Chosen by men for her beauty, she refused to bend to their desires. Beaten and sold to a slave trader, she is left to die in a putrid dungeon.
Everything changes when she’s purchased by the Thane of a foreign king and given a Jewish name.


The king needs her to save his kingdom. God calls her to an unimaginable future. Evil wants her for itself, and if it can’t have her, it will kill her. Mariamne wants none of the possibilities she’s offered.


Mariamne needs only to surrender to achieve an amazing destiny.







Michelle Janene lives and works in Northern California, though most days she blissfully exists in the medieval creations of her mind. She is a devoted teacher, a dysfunctional housekeeper, and a dedicated writer. She released her first novella Mission: Mistaken Identity in the fall of 2015, and has been published in several anthologies. She leads two critique groups and is the founder of Strong Tower Press—Indie solutions for indie authors.


Purchase link:
https://amzn.to/2Yi16u2


Social Media:
www.facebook.com/MichelleJaneneNovelist/
twitter.com/MichelleJaneneM

www.pinterest.com/michellejanene/





I enjoy this book but the evil invading person's bodies and being able to be burned did brother me but I realized this is fiction.  I found the Scripture reminders very helpful to me as I am going through lot of things in my life right now and they reminded me that God is with me and will never leave me just as Mariamne founds out. 

This book kept me turning the pages. I had to know how it was going to end. I loved the ending but it does leave me with questions. I hope there is another book coming that will answer these questions. 

This book starts out with me not liking it because of the slave master and his taunting and treatment of Mariamne, it made me think he was raping her but I glad that never happened. 

This book is a good reminded of what Jesus did for us and how God does provide for us, but it is not a feel good kind of book, but I do recommend it for older and mature readers.

I was given a complimentary copy by the author and Celebrate Lit. These opinions are my own. 

No comments: