Tuesday, November 12, 2013

"Unforeseeable" by Nancy Mehl



"Unforeseeable" by Nancy Mehl gets five stars from me. 

'Unforeseeable" is the third and final book in the "Road To Kingdom Series" and it is my favorite book in the series! With that being said, I wish there were others books coming in this series. 

There is a serial killer in town. Callie is engaged to the new Mennonite pastor, Levi and he falls under suspicious. And Levi knows something but won't tell Callie. And Callie wonders if Levi is only marrying her to fulfilled the requirement that pastors are married.

Callie's begins to remember things from her past that she has blocked from her memories and begins to question "Who Am I really"

There is a new women in town, and there is something about her that has Callie afraid!

This book certainly had me fooled on who the bad guy(s) was or were! There are twists and turns in this story that kept me turning the pages to see how it all ended up

In ending this review I want to include some of life’s important life Callie learned and it applies to us readers as well.
On page 146 “ No matter what happens around us, we can rest in the joy inside our hearts. The fruit of the Spirit is alive in us. We just need to allow it to overpower our circumstances.”
On Page 222-223 “ Callie, a lot of people never find the people God created them to be. They’re too busy trying to live up to other people’s expectations, or they try to create themselves in the image of a person they admire or envy. Just because we respect someone or think their life might be more exciting than ours doesn’t mean God created us to be just like them. Sometimes we have to ignore the people in our lives so we can hear the voice of God.” “ That sounds rather selfish. Aren’t we supposed to prefer others before ourselves?” “Sure. But making a decision to put someone else first out of love isn’t there same thing as putting them first out of fear. Because you’re afraid they won’t love you if you don’t act the way they might want you to.”
On page 287 “ I’m beginning to see that we can’t substitute God for certain clothes, rules, church, or even towns. I’m not saying any of those things are bad, but I’m realizing that things and places don’t make us holy or safe. And they certainly don’t define us.”

I was really surprised to see these truths applied to this fictional story. That is what makes this such a great story, it has truth and fiction, and the ending isn’t want I expected either. This entire series is just fantastic. 


I was given a copy of this book by the author,Nancy Mehl, for my honest review.



1 comment:

Judy said...

Great review Debbie! I loved this book and the whole series too!

Blessings!
Judy B