Saturday, December 14, 2013

"The Swaddling Clothes" by Amber Schamel

"The Swaddling Clothes" by Amber Schamel gets 5 stars from me. This story is short, only 101 pages but gives a new meaning to the Christmas Story!

I have read Amber's Schamel's first book, Days of Messiah - Volume 1 - The Healer's Touch and loved it, so when I was asked if I wanted to be part of Amber's team to promote this book, I immediately said yes. I also liked the fact that it was a Christmas story.

This is a Christmas story so I was surprised when I first started reading it, because it starts in the year 980 B.C. when King David learns that God has heard his prayers for another child with Bathsheba. King David has special swaddling clothes made for his child so that when the time comes there will be no mistake made as to who will be king when he died. This story mixes Biblical fact and fiction together to make the reader want to continue reading!
  
The history in this book makes perfect sense when you get to the end of the book and Jesus is born! The beginning ties in with the ending perfectly. The fact that Jesus was born in a stable is given a new meeting also. I am going to end this review with these quote from the book 
  "I'm so sorry it happened this way, Mary. I never imagined you'd have to give birth in a barn like an animal. And this is God's son, wrapped in cloth meant for an ox. I don't understand why Yahweh would bring the Messiah this way."
 "Mary lifted an eyebrow and gave him a smile. "Perhaps, to prove that His love can reach this far"


There are footnotes at the bottom of the pages with the references to the portion of Scripture that is included in the story. There is a glossary and pronunciation guide at the back of the book.

This ebook costs.99 cents and so worth it! I believe this story is one that all Believers will want to have and read when they want to remember why God came down to earth, which is to prove that His love can reach this far.

I was given a pdf copy from the author for my honest opinion.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Great review! I'm looking forward to reading this book!

Blessings!
Judy B