Wednesday, August 14, 2013

"My Mother Kitchen-The Complete Series" by Karen Malena


"My Mother Kitchen-The Complete Series" by Karen Malena is definetly  a 5 star book.

This book is six chapters in the life of Kate. At the end of each story there is a recipe for  the food item that was talked about in the story. These stories really drew me in and the only thing I disliked about the book was the stories ended. In each story I really felt the emotions of Kate and her mother Ellen.

Pietro's Song: A story about Kate's great grandfather and his arrival to this country. It is also the story of Kate's journey to become a writer.

Terry's Gift: This story is about how rumors are not always true. In this volume Kate is rescued by an unexpected hero on Halloween.

Christmas Angel: This story is told by Ellen and how One Christmas she was visited by an Angel, just liked the Bible says "Be Careful to entertain strangers, for by doing this, some people have entertained angels without knowing it." This angel answers a prayer also.

Matthew's Courage: Kate's brother Matt is at the twin towers on 9,11,2011.  It is also the story of how Matt's birth was a miracle.

The Potter's Clay: Kate gets the call her story is going to be published. It is also the story about Kate's issues with self doubt and her issues with a childhood issue of scoliosis. There is also a story about  an abusive husband.

Ever After: Kate finds a lump on her breast. I won't tell you want she finds out! You have to read this book to found out yourself.

I am hoping there is going to be a book 2 of My Mother Kitchen. I really want to read more about Kate and Steve and Mark and Ellen and Ray!

I was given an ebook copy from the author for my honest review.
















4 comments:

Judy said...

Another great review Debbie!

Blessings!
Judy B

Karen L. Malena said...

thank you Debbie, so very much for the review!

Unknown said...

I love Karen L. Malena and her work, and am so glad you've reviewed her book Debbie! Since you're both friends of mine, my prayer is that the two of you will come to treasure reach other as much as I do each of you!

Karen L. Malena said...

Dear Paula, you are only too kind and a wonderful woman and author! Blessed to know you!