Saturday, July 5, 2014

"Fried Chicken and Gravy" by Sherri Schoenborn Murray

"Fried Chicken and Gravy" by Sherri Schoenborn Murray is an easy five star novel to read! The characters are so "real" and that's what makes this a great read!

Book Description:
Missy Stuart is humiliated when she burns dinner for the super cute, yet outspoken new auto parts sales rep. But, when he suggests to her father that she should take cooking lessons from the old ladies down at his church, she wants to crawl under a car and die. 

Missy is perfectly happy working in their auto repair shop and has no intention of spending more time in the kitchen. But if filling the hole in her father’s heart is as easy as filling his stomach with fried chicken and gravy, it might be worth the effort. When she dutifully accompanies her father to church, she finds that she has more to learn than a bunch of recipes.

My Review:  This first book by Sheri Schoenborn is a must read for anyone thats like a funny clean Christian romance! This book shows the funny side of how a father plays matchmaker and how God can use a broken down car to bring people together and use the owner of that car to bring others to the saving grace of Jesus. 
There are moments I really laughed out loud reading this story and I want to tell you the ending was great! Once I started this book I didn't want to stop reading but real life called so I had to. If you are a fast reader it probably could be read in one afternoon. I really think my reader friends would like this one,but it isn't Amish, a lot of my friends only like Amish, but for the rest of you I recommend this story! 

I was given an ebook copy for an honest review!

Author bio: Sherri Schoenborn Murray has a bachelor of arts degree in English from the University of Idaho. She lives in Vancouver, Washington, with her husband, Dave, their three teenagers, and eight chickens. She was raised in a hunting-fishing family, and was dusting tackle boxes as early as age three in her father's sports store. She was blessed to have three grandmothers--all who shared their love for Christ with her.
Visit her website at www.christianromances.com

No comments: