Tuesday, July 29, 2014

"Gathering Shadows" by Nancy Mehl


Book Description

 April 29, 2014
Wynter Evans is a promising young reporter for a television station in St. Louis, but even a bright future doesn't take away her pain over the disappearance of her brother nine years ago. So when she stumbles across a photograph of a boy with an eerie resemblance to him, she can't pass up the chance to track him down. With research for work as her cover, she sets out with one of the station's photogs for the place where the picture was taken: the town of Sanctuary.

Almost as soon as she arrives, she meets the town's handsome young mayor, Rueben King, and together they begin to uncover long held secrets that could tear the small town apart and change everything Wynter thought she knew about her life. As the truth of her family's past hides in the shadows, it's clear someone will stop at nothing to keep the answers she's searching for hidden forever--even if the cost is Wynter's very life.

Author Bio:

Nancy Mehl lives in Festus, Missouri, with her husband Norman, and her very active puggle, Watson. She's authored fifteen books and is currently at work on a new romantic suspense series for Bethany House Publishing.
All of Nancy's novels have an added touch - something for your spirit as well as your soul. "I welcome the opportunity to share my faith through my writing," Nancy says. "It's a part of me and of everything I think or do. God is number one in my life. I wouldn't be writing at all if I didn't believe that this is what He's called me to do. I hope everyone who reads my books will walk away with the most important message I can give them: God is good, and He loves you more than you can imagine. He has a good plan especially for your life, and there is nothing you can't overcome with His help."
You can find out more about Nancy by visiting her Web site at: www.nancymehl.com or find her newsletter at: www.nancymehl.blogspot.com. She also is active on the Suspense Sisters: www.suspensesisters.blogspot.com and on FaceBook!"Gathering Shadows"  by Nancy Mehl is a five star book! I was hooked from the first page!

My Review:
"Gathering Shadows" by Nancy Mehl is the first book in the "Finding Sanctuary" series.  I give this novel five stars! This story grabbed me from the beginning and I read the book in one setting, I literally had to finish it to see how it ended! "Gathering Shadows" had a lot of mysteries to reveal, were they all related or where they just coincidences?

While Wynter is searching for her brother who was kidnapped nine years ago, she is stunned to learn secrets that her father has kept from her all her life. 

Can Wynther and Reuben King have a relationship, when they are from two difference worlds! Can Wynther learn to trust anyone enough to find her brother, or is he really gone forever?

Who is the kidnapper and why was Ryan (Wynther's brother) taken. When the answers are revealed, I think you might be surprised! I know you want to read "Gathering Shadows" and find the answers for yourself, I think you will agree it was worth the time you spent reading this book!

"Gathering Shadows" is more than just a mystery novel.  It has statements that can change your life if you accept them.  This book is full of them, here is just one example of many, on page 118 of the book, Jonathon encouraged his parishioners to follow the apostle Paul's commitment to forget the past and concentrate on the future. "Too many people are changed by one or two events in their lives. Something that colors their perceptions and alters the course of their existence on this earth. Usually the event is traumatic. something painful. But our lives are made up of many moments-good and bad. One incident should never define us, because God has already defined us. He calls us His beloved children. Victors-not victims. He calls us overcomers not overcome.We are new creations."Jonathon went on to say that "no one ever won a race by running backward. Instead, we need to keep our eyes forward if we ever hope to find the destiny that God has for us."

 I recommend this book to anyone liking mystery stories, even if is it Christian fiction, because this book is a book you cannot put down until you read the last page. The Christian truths in this book doesn't feel preachy, just interwoven so well that you know the characters speaking them live them.

I was given this book by the author for an honest review!


No comments: