Tuesday, March 3, 2015

"Tears In A Bottle" by Sylvia Bambola

Book Description

 December 15, 2010
Becky Taylor, a young woman burdened by great expectations, is lying on a cold recovery table in an abortion clinic when she hears a man's voice, then gunshots. She holds her breath and lies perfectly still behind the curtain. When the gunman is finished, Becky is the only one left alive in the clinic. This act brings together two strangers who both seek answers to life's most wrenching questions, mainly: Are God's love and mercy big enough for every sin? The answer transforms multiple lives.

Author Info

Born in Romania in 1945, Sylvia Bambola lived her early years in Germany. At seven she relocated with her adopted family and saw the Statue of Liberty and America for the first time. But the memory of those years in Germany inspired her to write Refiner's Fire, which won a Silver Angel Award, and was a Christy Finalist. Her frequent moves as an "army brat" gave her an opportunity to see America and fall in love with her new country. Bambola has authored six novels, has two grown children, teaches women's Bible studies, loves gardening and is learning the guitar.

My Review: 
"Tears In A Bottle" by Sylvia Bambola is an honest look at abortion and the people affected by it. It not only deals with the young girl having the abortion but the parents and even the people who own the clinic and the ones who are against the clinics. It also has a little bit of mystery, not for the readers but for the characters in the story. It is a story of forgiveness and healing. It is a lot of stories in one. 

"Tears In A Bottle" kept me involved in the story from the first chapter as I really had no idea what the story was about as I really liked the other two novels that I had read by Sylvia Bambola that I went on a hunt to find all of her books and got everyone of them either through Amazon or the library and wanted to read them all. I loved this story and am glad that I didn't know the story line because if I had it might have clouded my mind and I might not have been so involved in the story!

I really think the descriptions in the book shows that Sylvia Bambola has done research for this book and that is why the story is more believeable.

All I can say is "Tears In A Bottle" is a great read and the characters will stay with the reader for a long time! 

This is definitely a five star book!


No comments: