Sunday, July 30, 2017

"Healing Love" by Jennifer Slattery

Book Info:
A news anchor intern has it all planned out, and love isn't on the agenda. Brooke Endress is on the cusp of her lifelong dream when her younger sister persuades her to chaperone a mission trip to El Salvador. Packing enough hand sanitizer and bug spray to single-handedly wipe out malaria, she embarks on what she hopes will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience. But Brooke is blindsided by the desperation for hope and love she sees in the orphans’ eyes. And no less by the connection she feels with her handsome translator. As newfound passion blooms, Brooke wrestles with its implications for her career dreams. Ubaldo Chavez, teacher and translator, knows the struggle that comes with generational poverty. But he found the way out – education – and is determined to help his students rise above. When he agrees to translate for a mission team from the United States he expects to encounter a bunch of "missional tourists" full of empty promises. Yet an American news anchor defies his expectations, and he finds himself falling in love. But what does he have to offer someone with everything?

To Purchase  https://www.amazon.com/Healing-Love-Jennifer-Slattery/dp/154687786X/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

My Review: 
"Healing Love"  is a wonderful story. While I was reading this novel I felt I was there watching the story take place in front of me and I convinced myself the emotions I felt was what the characters were feeling. If you are a reader who feels deep emotions when reading you might want to have some kleenexes handy while reading this novel.

The greatest heartache in this book was the plight of Fatima and her sister Dinora.  This book shows how a mission trip changed 4 people lives in a big way.  This book is about forgiveness between a father and son that love each other but pride had put a wall up that blocked the loved.

I recommend this book for anyone that loves clean love stories, yes this book is a love story but I also recommend this story for anyone that has been or anyone that is thinking about going on a mission trip, because "Healing Love" is a story of a mission trip.

I really enjoyed reading about the relationship between Brooke and Audrey who are sisters. I think I enjoyed this relationship because it reminded me of my relationship between my sister and me, no my parents are both living and I am the oldest but she is the one that takes care of me and keeps me safe, so even through the roles are reversed in real life the relationship is the same!  If the readers of my blog want to know the story of how she kept me safe, on a trip, not a mission trip, but when we went to Women of Faith, just ask I will share.  I am so thankful for my sister.

I really think everyone shall pick up a copy of "Healing Love",and be reminded again of what we have to be thankful for .

"Healing Love" is a life changing book even if it is fiction.  It is definitely five stars! 

I was given a complimentary copy by the author. These opinions are my own.


Author Info:


Jennifer Slattery writes missional romance novels for New Hope Publishers. Her debut, "Beyond I Do", releases in August. She also writes Christian Living articles for Crosswalk.com and devotions for her personal blog, JenniferSlatteryLivesOutLoud; Internet Cafe Devotions; and Takin' it to the Streets', a ministry serving Omaha Metro's working poor and homeless. 

When she's not writing, she enjoys reading, hanging out at the mall with her teenage daughter, enjoying her real-life hero husband, or serving in her church or community.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Loved Healing Love! Awesome review! :)

Debbie Curto said...

Thank you!