Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Spotlight Tuesday with Paula Rose Michelson

About Paula Rose Michelson 
Writing great Inspirational Christian Romances, Thrillers, Nonfiction, Memoir, Self-help and works to encourage are author Paula Rose Michelson’s passion. Her desire to inspire others comes from being a late reader, who discovered books were her best friends! A lover of inspiring fictions where the heroine was one for her families’ sake, she writes about amazing women, and unique faith challenges. When asked about her idea for The Naomi Chronicles, Paula likes to say, "I cannot take all the credit for Naomi started telling me her story, and together we penned the six fictions." Having received so much from Messiah, Paula loves to bless others, and is excited that at least one of her Kindle eBooks are usually found in Amazon's Bestseller list for their categories. 

When not involved in writing, speaking or helping other writers, Paula pursues other passions while supporting her husband Ron who is a Lutheran Pastor and Chosen People Ministries field missionary. At one point, both of them worked for the mission. However, when the Lord called Paula to write full-time, she gladly left to devote herself to this work. 

This happy mother of two married daughters and grandmother of seven, has friends who often tell her that she weaves such wonderful tails they lose track of the time. Since both family and her ever-increasing reader family matter to Paula, she hopes to impart a blessing to those who read her books.

Some who first knew Paula as the founder, head, and facilitator of LAMB Ministries, have mentioned that a few of those biblical teachings are found within her books. Paula knows this to be true for her desire to faithfully depict Gods love, compassion, and forgiveness while showing her readers The Jewish Messiah of Israel and the world parallel her wish to see those who feel 'less than' restored to wholeness. Therefore, within each of her books, she includes a few of the teachings God gifted her so readers can overcome and feel good about themselves.

                                                    Interview
More than thirty years ago, I founded LAMB (Life Affirming Messages from the Bible) Ministries. This ministry uses Scripture and prayer to help women recover from trauma and abuse. Furthermore, it gives these ladies the tools they need to continue to grow in the Lord. Known primarily as a writer of Inspirational Christian Romances, my love for the Word of God and the healing balm of his love shows up in my work, and that blesses many including me.  My husband Ron is a field missionary with Chosen People Ministries, and until Messiah called me to write to fulfill the Great Commission; I served on staff as well.  I am mother of two married daughters, grandmother of seven, I am a dyslexic artist who Messiah (Christ) called to write for Him.

1. What is the first book that made you cry? Honestly, I don’t remember. I do know that being unable to read, after an eye exam and corrective glasses, I always had a book in my hand. I read two or more books each week. When I wasn’t reading, I was writing.

2. Do you read your book reviews? How do you deal with bad or good ones? I’ve read and like all but two book reviews and left a comment. One book review written by someone I knew was obviously written for another book. Friends let her know that in the comments section under that review and the author removed her it. I’m probably spoiled because my books garner raves. Since I mentor authors, when their book gets dinged, I remind them that all art is subjective.

3. How did you get into writing? I started writing for Messiah while Coordinating Missionary Church Visitation Calendars while on staff with Chosen People Ministries. I wrote five of the six Naomi Books before God called me to write full-time for Him.

4. What genres do you write? And why? I write both fiction and nonfiction now. Had you asked me before Naomi began telling me her story, I would have said that I write nonfiction, because as a teenager I wrote a weekly ‘Teen Scene’ column for the San Diego Register, and poetry because I love the cadence of various poetic work. Now as the author of No Other Choice: The Naomi Books 1, 2, 3 and the soon to release 4th book of The Naomi Chronicles, and with a new fiction, The Naomi Chronicles, No Other Choice, Choosing to Be, Beginning Anew, and the soon to release 4th Inspirational Christian Romance, Commitment for Two, I find myself falling more in love with Naomi’s story and the Lord who called me to write it.

5. How did you come up with the idea for The Naomi Chronicles? I met with a friend who was a small Messianic publisher. She had collected several of my writings, and wanted to publish my work. We discussed a book I wanted to write. She loved the idea and promised to publish my work. During the ensuing months, I did the research for the book. I got delightfully bogged down while reading primary source material about what the Jews who were baptized into the Catholic faith to survive the Inquisition had gone through. The publisher asked for my dailies to see what I was doing. After reading them, she let me know that I had begun to write a different and much better book! This is how The Naomi Books began.

6. When asked “Where do you get your inspiration,” what do you say? I love writing women who make difficult choices for their family’s sake because choices and what happens can trap and define, or set us free. As Messiah’s scribe, it is my joy to show those who believe the Jewish Christ, and those who do not yet believe the one who redeemed them.



Book Spotlight:   I know I don't usually show reviews on spotlighting  Tuesday  but this is what Paula Michelson sent me so I am! 

Debbie Curto’s review of No Other Choice: The Naomi Chronicles, Book 1, says, this book gets 5-Stars from me. Fifteen-year-old Naomi (a Jew who has to keep her identify a secret) agrees to companion a blind, old woman whose family plans to tour Europe and settle in the United States. But the woman passes away aboard ship, and Naomi is handed over to immigration and while there an old Tia comes to Naomi's rescue and offers to take her in. With nowhere to go and no one to turn to, Naomi agrees and unwittingly enters the country illegally. While with the Tia Naomi is kept hidden and trained to take the Tia's place (but Naomi doesn't know she is being trained for this). When the Tia becomes sick Naomi learns that she is to inherit all from the Tia. Naomi becomes Tia and is the first Tia to marry. She brings Lola into the case who is determined to ruin Naomi and at the end of the story Lola has done just that. I loved reading this story. While reading this story I admit I was telling myself I want Naomi to tell people that she was a Jew and that people accept her she was but when it was revealed that she was a Jew, it didn't happen that way and then I though why did they have to found out she was a Jew but the ending was a surprise (we find out she wasn't the only one). I cannot wait to read Book 2 and I am hoping that Naomi and Chaz are reunited to prove that true love does conquer all and that when you live your life as a blessing to others you are blessed also. While reading this I felt not only that I was reading but that I could actually feel what the characters were feeling. The feeling this book provokes what be forgotten.”




5-Stars! Debbie Curto said in her review of Choosing to Be: The Naomi Chronicles, Book 2! Naomi's friend Alex takes her to a camp where she finds The Blessing Rock and Ruth. Ruth gives her a Bible and asks her to read it. When Naomi reads the Bible, she is surprised to find that Jesus is Messiah. Chaz learns a surprise as well in this book, but I won't tell you what the surprise is. I thought Casa De Naomi Book 1 was great, but I think Book 2 was even better. I think by the time all six books get written it might just be a classic like "Gone with the Wind" by Margaret Mitchell, at least I hope so. Paula Michelson gives such vavid details that I could actual see the scenes in my mind as I was reading. She actually made me feel what the characters were feeling. I think this saga would make a great movie or a mini-series on the screen. Paula Michelson made the Bible passages she wrote in the story so inviting that while reading this book I wanted to get my Bible out and found the passages that she wrote about. I am eagerly awaiting the other books in this series. I was given a PDF by the author.



5-Stars, JL Michell said! “Beginning Anew: The Naomi Chronicles, Book 3 is a wonderful book by the talented Paula Rose Michelson. She gives great depth to all the characters in this well-written poetic story that draws the reader in. After a painful separation, Naomi and Chaz both set their minds to starting over and 'beginning anew' in their yet-to-be consummated marriage. With a faithful God, and being blessed with the love they have for each other-- as many secrets unfold, the two must now learn to respect, and be honest with one another as they grow in love.

Some of my favorite lines from the story:
"When hearts beat as one like yours and mine, in time we come to understand each other's secret yearnings."
"And what is my secret yearning?"
"That we be happy--"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Coming in 2018 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Commitment for Two: The Naomi Chronicles, Book 4: I

n love. Chaz and Naomi have waited forever. Now they can 
Commitment for Two: The Naomi Chronicles, Book 4: In love. Chaz and Naomi have waited forever. Now they can consummate their wedding vows. Except Chaz insisted Lola who caused Naomi to flee must live with them again! Author, Allison Kohn’s 5-Star rave says, “Each book keeps getting better and I would not have thought it possible! their wedding vows. Except Chaz insisted Lola who caused Naomi to flee must live with them again! Author, Allison Kohn’s 5-Star rave says, “Each book keeps getting better and I would not have thought it possible!

Paula's  Media Sites


Email Paula at: Paula.Wordsmith@yahoo.com

Paula's Facebook Author Page is at: https://goo.gl/t2a9mz

Friend her on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/paula.michelson

Ask to join her Author VIP Facebook Group at: https://goo.gl/4Yqe1d

Twitter: https://goo.gl/0YD21U or @PaulaWordsmith1




1 comment:

Becky said...

I haven't had time to stop by for a couple of days, but I am so glad that I did today. Another author whom I have not read any books, but who is definitely on my want list. Thanks, Debbie, for highlighting Paula!