Tuesday, February 11, 2014

"The Well" by Stephanie Landsem

This book is another five story novel. It is her debut novel. It is the first in  "The Living Water Series. I received the second novel in this series " The Thief" to be part of the tour release, and I wanted to read this one first, and I wasn't disappointed. If you are a fan of Jill Eileen Smith , I'm sure you like this book.

"The Well" is Biblical fiction. It is about the woman at the well and how her life affects her daughter and her son. Mara, the daughter, has to take care of them all and then one day Nava and Mara's lives are transformed when she meets Jesus at the well.

Shem is in hiding from the Roman soldiers and is sent away to his grandparents and meets Mara.  He feels he has caused more problems to befall Nava and Mara. He sets out to help Mara find Jesus after Mara is stoned at the well for her crime.

Mara believes Jesus is the Messiah but Shem does not, but when Shem meets Jesus the second time, his life is forever changed!

I can't put this book down once I started reading it. I could see the scenes unfold in my mind as I read this book! It sure makes the reader rethink the story of the woman at (The Well). Yes I know it is partly fiction, and the woman's children isn't mention in the Bible but after being married five times and committing adultery, she probably had children, and they were probably looked down upon  as well.

I cannot wait to read the other two stories in this series.


No comments: