Thursday, February 13, 2014

"The Thief" by Stephanie Landsem

"The Thief" by Stephanie Landsem gets five stars from me! " The Thief" is the second book in "The Living Water Series"

This book focused on Longinus, a Roman centurion, whose friend was killed in the first book of this series ( The Living Water series) and Nissa, a Jewish woman with a secret,who is the sister of the blind man healed by Jesus when he put mud on his eyes and told him to wash in The Pool Of Sloam! Nissa has given up on God because He hasn't protected her like she feels he should have done!

I so loved reading this book, I kept turning it pages to see if "The Thief" aka, The Mouse got caught by Longinus. Longinus wanted out of Jerusalem, but while he was there, his main purpose was to nab The mouse and her Greek partner.

This book is Biblical fiction but deals with the characters you don't hear much about in the Bible. 
This book has The Crucifixion Of Jesus within it pages, but it is told by Longinus and Nassa's 
view of  it and their part in it!. 

I loved reading how Nissa and Mouse and Longinus characters and all the other characters were affected by meeting each other and Jesus. I felt as if  I was there watching these scenes taking place while I was reading this story.

This story had me thinking" I don't see that coming and now that it did, I am glad of it"!

I think if you took the time to read this novel, and "The Well" you will feel like you have a little more insight into the characters that lived in Jesus's time on earth.  This book is a stand alone but some of the characters from "The well" are reintroduced in this book" 

There is A Reading Group Guide for book groups at the end of the book.

I was given a copy of this book by the author for my honest review and to be a part of the "The Thief" Launch team.

No comments: