Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Home By Dark by Marta Perry

Home By Dark by Marta Perry gets 5 stars. This is the first book I have read by Marta Perry. I have to be honest and say that at first I didn't like it but I keep reading it because we were going to be discussing  it in an online book club I am in. I had heard some people liked it and some people didn't and I was curious about it and I am the type of person that needs to finish a book once I start it. The book is about Rachel (who was raised Amish) comes back to Deer Run and discovers that her brother Benji has a secret. The secret is dangerous. This secret is putting Rachel and her daughter Mandy and others in danger. But because Rachel's family is Amish the family won't called the police but since Rachel and Colin(her late husband's friend) aren't Amish they do. The police are not any help so Rachel and Colin do what they can to find out what the secret is and what they discover and who is behind it surprised me. I had one of the bad guy figured out but really didn't see the other one as being bad till the end. In the middle of the main story line there is a mystery about something that happened when Rachel was a child. It will comes a shock when the reader finally learns what the two mysteries have in common. This story is a love story and a mystery and a story about forgiveness all in one. I will be reading more of Marta Perry' story.

No comments: