Monday, September 30, 2013

"Infernal Gates" by Michael Webb

"Infernal Gates" by Michael Webb gets five stars but I would give it more if I could.

"Infernal Gates"is about Ethan Freeman, an ex-Special Forces Ranger, turned preacher and the spiritual battle in which he, and six others, become involved in a fight to prevent a demon from unleashing an evil force from within an Abyss.  The six main characters do not know each ( although some know at least one of the others) but in the end they find they are connected more than just trying to save the world from demons. This story contains Biblical facts, mythology, history, science, archaeology, and fiction. And once again I am amazed that I liked this type of story, maybe it was because of the Biblical facts but I don't like to read anything about demons, The only thing I didn't like about this book was a couple of swear words used in the story. 

When I was finished with the story, I was thinking "This would make a great movie" and I am surprised about that because I dislike like watching these type of movies even more than I dislike reading these types of stories. Micheal Webb has a way of grabbing the readers and makes them want to get to the end of the story.

The story starts out that Ethan Freeman is the only survivor of a plane crash and it is thought that he is quilty of planting a bomb because of marriage problems. The one person who believes in him is an female crash investigator. 

There are different plots involved but as you read further you will find out that they are interwoven.  The characters are believable. They could be your next door neighbor.

This book makes me want to study end time prophecies more as the Evil One is very real.

This is the second book I have read by Michael Webb, but it definitely won't be my last one.

I was given a copy of this book by the author for an honest review!

2 comments:

Judy said...

Your review of this book was a great one Debbie. However, it isn't my kind of book but I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Blessings!
Judy B

Debbie Curto said...

I have been surprised by both of his books! This isn't really my type either but I loved these books