Thursday, March 6, 2014

"Poetry" by TL Bliss

Autor BioI am a writer who loves to travel with my husband and write about whatever touches my heart. I have a full time day-to-day job that takes up a lot of my time, but it does involve reading so that is a big benefit; I review medical records and make sure the information is accurate.

Writing is one of my biggest passions and I am enjoying it every step of the way. My stories can be anything from Inspirational Faith-based fiction, children's stories, to self-help/how-to guides, and not limited to any one genre. I lie awake at night struggling with my thoughts about what to add to my current work in progress, the future works my mind tells me to start, and how to get what I have written "out there" for the world to read.
I started writing poems when I was just a little girl and short stories. I never did much with anything I wrote other than read it a few times and then put it away. Over the years, everything I had written was lost or destroyed, but the memories I had still lingered on in my mind. I eventually went on to advance my knowledge in literature, as I have always been fascinated by words and the meaning they have.
My inspiration to write comes from life and everything it has thrown at me over the past 40+ years. We all struggle with things deep within us and outside of us that intrigues our senses enough to want to tell the world about it; why not share what stimulates us and sparks our emotions through a book.
My list of books and stories includes:
"Poetry by TL Bliss" (Inspirational Faith-based poetry) is a compilation of 20 personal, soul bearing, and heartfelt poems.
"Grace" (Inspirational Faith-based fiction with poetry) is a story that captures history with a sense of style. Reliving a past while enlightening a future. Poetry written to capture stories from the headlines, from life, poetry vulnerable to the heart.
"Juice With Me - A Beginner's Guide" (Self-Help/How-To) was written from TL Bliss' own journey with juicing. She compiled the information into this one single book to help get you started.
"The Magic Diary" (YA/Tween Fiction) is a short story that you are sure to like as it lightens the heart and makes you realize things are not always as they seem.
"The Magic Diary - Its Personal" (YA/Tween Fiction) is book two in the Magic Diary series and is a personal diary, complete with bookmarks to highlight your favorite entries.
"The Magic Diary - The Bully" (YA/Tween Fiction) is book three in the Magic Diary series that shows how kids can work together to help a bully become a friend.
"The Magic Diary - Building Self-Esteem" (YA/Tween Fiction) is book five in the Magic Diary series. An assembly is held at the school, after the principal and Becky's teacher agree to help spread a list of ways to build self-esteem throughout the town.
"The Magic Diary - Good Manners" (YA/Tween Fiction) is book four in the Magic Diary series. Alex and Becky work together with one of their friends to build a list of good manners to share with the students at school.
"The Magic Diary - The Series in One Book"(YA/Tween Fiction) contains the short stories from the Magic Diary series titled The Magic Diary/The Magic Diary - The Bully/The Magic Diary - Building Self-Esteem/The Magic Diary - Good Manners all in one book.
"The Magic Diary - Its Personal for One Month"(YA/Tween Fiction) is a personal diary, complete with bookmarks to highlight your favorite entries for one month.
I hope you enjoy reading each of my books as much as I have enjoyed writing them. Have a wonderful day and thank you for taking the time to read my stories.
If you read one of my stories that you liked, please leave a review.
If you read one of my stories that you did not like, please let me know.
~~~~~ http://www.tlbliss.com ~~~~~
                                 My Review

Poetry by TL Bliss gets 5 stars from me! 

This is a book of poetry written by TL Bliss. There are 20 poems in this collection. They are divided up into 4  sections titled Poetry For Life Events, Poetry For Friends and Personal Poetry and Poetry For Family.
These poems were written because of the Sandy Hook elementary school shooting and 9.1.1 and personal hurts in her own life. There are several poems for her husband.  The poems are kinda of sad but that is because they were written after "tragic events " of both personal and public variations, but they have such meaning and really touched my heart. She explains the reasons for each poem!  I love these poems and will share them with everyone. 
This is a short review but I want to close with one of the poems 

Building Up Hope
Fear and rage pour through my veins
Headlines of destruction and hate
The human race is fighting amongst themselves
No longer waiting at the Gate.

Lives are taken in their youth, 
Families are torn apart
Children without parents
Killers masquerading their art

We need to pull together
We need to build up hope
Neighbors helping neighbors
Learning how to cope

Look up to the heavens
Kneel down upon your knees
Give praise to our Lord above
He knows what He sees

Help your friends and family
Build up hope with your peers
Give of yourself as best you can
Jesus sees and Jesus hears

Take action as His words have read
Help your fellow man
Reach out to those who struggle
Help when and how you can

Look up to the heavens
Kneel down upon your knees
Give praise to our Lord above
He knows what He sees

Help your friends and family
Build up hope with your peers
Give of yourself as best you can
Jesus sees and Jesus hears

© 2013 by TL Bliss - All rights reserved
I was given a pfd file for an honest review!

 Some of her other poems are included In her book "Grace " and if you want to read this review go here:  http://debbieloseanything.blogspot.com/2013/05/grace-by-tl-bliss.html
 Her books are available here : Website:  http://www.tlbliss.com 
Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/author/tlbliss
Smashwords:  
https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/tlbliss

No comments: