Tuesday, June 17, 2014

"The Price Of Silence : A Contemporary Teen Romance Novel" by Staci Stallings

"The Price Of Silence : A Contemporary Teen Romance Novel" by Staci Stallings is a five star novel times two. All I can really said is "Wow"!  This novel is classified in the teen romance genre, but I believe adults as well as teens will enjoy this story. 

I was really engrossed in this story from the first chapter and just had to finish the book as fast as I could ( of course real life prevented me from reading as much as I wanted to this week) because I had to get to the ending!  It was worth the rush reading!  This book is full of heart wrenching moments and tears, yes this book has a scene that made the tears fall, the emotion was so real! I hope that doesn't discourage you from reading this wonderful story! You won't regret the time you took to read this book!

A word of caution though, this book does contain scenes of bullying. In fact this book is about bullying but it is also a clean romance. It is classified as a contemporary teen romance, which it is, but I felt the book was more about bullying. The romance and the bullying mixed together made the story seem more alive!

Author Bio: 

A stay-at-home mom with a husband, three kids and a writing addiction on the side, Staci Stallings has numerous titles for readers to choose from. Not content to stay in one genre and write it to death, Staci's stories run the gamut from young adult to adult, from motivational and inspirational to full-out Christian and back again. Every title is a new adventure! That's what keeps Staci writing and you reading.

My Review:
Robyn Lockhart just knew she was going to have a 
hard time at the new school! After all it was in the middle of the year and the school was so much bigger than her last one! But she had no idea, how right she was! 

She is befriended by a girl on the school newspaper and is convinced to become part of the staff and then the trouble starts! The bully doesn't want her reporting the truth! But will Robyn do the right thing and report it or will she be silenced?

Is Sean really the troublemaker or could he be the one her heart really wants him to be?

I think the message ( Robyn's last newspaper report of the year) at the end of the book is a lesson we all need to learn about bullying. This book was loaned to me by a friend but I am seriously thinking about spending the $2.99 and buying it myself and letting my granddaughters read it, they are 10 and 12, so they can learn the impact of being silent when there is a need to speak up!

Again I say we all need to read this book!

Ok, I am no longer thinking about buying this book, I DID BUY IT! 

4 comments:

Judy said...

Great review Debbie! Sounds like a powerful read!

Blessings!
Judy B

Debbie Curto said...

Thanks Judy and thanks for sharing my post on Facebook!

Unknown said...

Hello,

My name is Molly Sipling and I am the Audience Development Assistant in the Fiction Department at Moody Publishers. I have recently come across your blog due to your interest in writing reviews of fiction novels. In April, we released The Turning, a fictional devotional title from award-winning author Davis Bunn.

“A voice resonated from a distance and somehow from within. . .
Against all earthly logic, it carried a divine command. And five very different people knew they were summoned to obey. They realize that one small personal response unveiled a new realm of moral responsibility. And this affirmation of everyday hope captures the attention of millions.
Malicious elements soon align themselves to counter the trend. To terminate the movement they must also undermine its source. Can we really believe that God speaks to people today? Surely this must be dismissed as superstition or delusion. These well-intentioned but misguided individuals should not be allowed to cast our society back into the Dark Ages—power and money are at stake.

The movement may herald a profound renewal – one that some are calling The Turning…”

Interact with these characters in this devotional title and learn along with them how to hear and heed the voice of God. You can find out more, as well as access downloadable devotionals, at www.TheTurningBook.com. We are asking if you would be willing to write a review of this book for us and, in exchange, we will send you two copies of the book, one for you to read and review and the other to use as part of a giveaway on your blog.
If you would be willing to do this, please e-mail me back at RNFiction@gmail.com with your mailing address. We will send you the copies of the book in return for your honest review.

Thank you for your time!

Debbie Curto said...

I just emailed you!