Friday, August 14, 2015

"Hot" by David Stearman

 Book Description: Can Love's Flame Survive Fame

A total life do-over, that s what Jake needs; a chance to unmake his past mistakes. Because in his zeal to fulfill his beloved dream of wealth and fame, Jake lost Chloe, the one he loved above all else. 

First he betrayed her. Then came the drugs. And in the real world, opportunities to undo things like that just don't happen. 

Or do they? Could a paparazzi-induced traffic accident actually provide an opportunity for Jake to restore his ruined life? 

Set against the glitzy backdrop of the recording business, HOT tells the story of a young man s dream to restore the dream he lived before his dreams came true.

Author Info:


I'm a songwriter/recording artist/novelist, who specializes in adventure stories set in exotic locales. I have a special love for the tropics--jungles and beaches--which is reflected in both my novels and personal life. (In the form of hobbies like breeding parrots, growing orchids, and keeping saltwater reef aquariums.) 
I travel widely, striving to write about the places I visit in a way that will make readers feel they've been there too. I've always seen this world as a place of wonder, surpassed only by the people who inhabit it and it's divine Creator.




My Review:

"Hot" by David Stearman is a story that gives the reader a peek into a music star’s world. It’s narrated by the protagonist Jake.

I really enjoyed reading "Hot.” The story was told realistically and yet without the curse words or sex scenes that so many other novels use in dealing with this subject. It does, however, deal with drug and alcohol abuse.

This novel made my emotions twirl around my head and heart, and this was a good thing, because to truly enjoy a book the reader must feel what the characters are feeling, and I certainly did while reading "Hot". And though I’ve no personal experience with the craving for the drugs and alcohol,I did understand what seemed to drive Jake to these abuses, i.e. his depression and his need to strive for approval.

I kept reading because I wanted Jake’s story to have a happy ending. Everyone wants a happy ending, right? But of course I really can't tell you how things turned out, and you wouldn’t want me to anyway - it’s so much more fun to read and find out for yourself.

"Hot" even through it’s fiction, teaches some important life lessons. It was clear to me that applying some of these principles might make a big difference in any of our lives.

This novel isn't just another run-on-the-mill, feel-good love story. It’s full of twists and turns and situations that make you think, “Wow, I didn’t see that coming, but I’m glad it did.”

"Hot" illustrates the fact people aren't always as they seem to be; that appearances can be deceiving, and sometimes the one we dislike the most can turn out to be our hero.

I hope I’ve convinced you to read this story. Hot is my first David Stearman novel. Now his book "Hummingbird" is on my to-read list. 

I haven given "Hot" five stars.

To buy "Hot" go here: http://www.amazon.com/HOT-Loves-Flame-Survive-Fame-ebook/dp/B012U5TZWQ/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8.  It releases Sept 2, 2015, but you can pre-order it now.








No comments: