Friday, August 28, 2015

Take Me Back To Texas (Loveless, Texas ) (Volume 1)

Book Description: THIS IS THE SWEET VERSION OF THIS STORY 

Elizabeth McGee never thought she’d set foot in Loveless, Texas, again. But after the reading of her father’s will, Elizabeth learns she’s inherited her grandmother’s house and all of the personal contents. If that wasn’t enough to knock her off her feet, she soon discovers that JD Carmichael, her lost love from high school, is the contractor who has been hired to finish renovating the house. 

JD once had the world by the tail. But after a premature end to what would have been a promising career in professional football, JD wants nothing more than to raise his daughter and enjoy the life he has now. And he surely never thought he’d ever see Bethie Grace again. 

Now he’s faced with her everyday as they work side by side restoring and cleaning the old house in order to ready it to sell. But the rambling old Victorian isn’t the only thing rattling with memories. Elizabeth finds that she can’t concentrate with JD around. And JD has trouble forgetting the heady effects of her kiss, even if it’s been fifteen years since he last held her in his arms. 

Past hurts and betrayals stand in their way. That and JD’s vow never to get married again. But as much as he tries to keep the two halves of his life separate, he finds himself breaking all his rules for Bethie Grace McGee. 

Elizabeth has plans for her future. She’s waiting for a loan to buy her very own French bistro on the edge of Hollywood. But JD’s kiss makes her second guess her decisions and think about staying in Loveless. 

Author Info:


I'm a wife, mother, and bona fide Southern belle. Published author, expert corn bread maker, and Squirrel Princess.

I live in Tulsa, though I was born in Mississippi. I moved to the Sooner State when I was seventeen and met my soul mate and best friend not long after. I've retained a little of my Mississippi accent though most people think I'm from Texas. (?) Rob and I have been married for over twenty years and have a son-a mom proclaimed prodigy, of course!

I love homemade tacos, nail polish, and romance novels-not necessarily in that order. I'm a big fan of country music, a staunch proponent of saving the Oxford comma, and I'm shamefully obsessed with all things Harry Potter.

I believe that God is love. I guess that's why I love to write inspirational romances. The two go hand-in-hand for me.

I have always been intrigued with the Amish culture, their gentle ways and slower-paced lifestyle. (And I love, love, love the fact that they stay married for their lifetime.) But until recently I never thought to blend this interest with my penchant for romance. Okay, okay, I'm a bit old-fashioned and even enjoy the gender roles that are present in this culture. I love to cook and take care of my family. Yes, that's me June Cleaver with a laptop.

I dislike people trying to convince me to read the Twlight series (I'll get to it or I won't, either way I'm good with it), gratuitous violence, and strawberry ice cream. (I know I'm alone on this last one, and again, I'm good with it.)

Favorite movies-(besides HP) French Kiss, Maid of Honor, A Lot Like Love, Just Married, and Sweet Home Alabama. Oh, and Miss Congeniality, Sabrina (both versions) and a 1940′s movie called Dear Ruth. If you haven't seen it, you should! A-dorable. Anything with Doris Day and most all of Marilyn's and Audrey's.

My Review:
Take Me Back To Texas (Loveless, Texas ) (Volume 1) by Amy Lillard is just as great as the two Amish fiction books "Caroline's Secret" and  Courting Emily" are. They are two versions of this book, this version and the "bedroom version", I choose this version and it was a clean romance with plenty of kissing but still clean!

I won't put the story line into this review, if you need that you can read the book description. I will say I was hooked into the story from the first chapter.  This story has all the romance a reader expects in a clean love story and I knew how I wanted it to end, but wasn't sure it would end that way!  But who wants to read a book that you know what's to going to happen at every turn, if you are like me you want some surprises even if you can figure out how the ending is going to end!

One of the main character in "Take Me Back To Texas" gives God the credit for leading his life and yes, prayer and church going is part of this story, but I like that. The only reason I added that in this review was to say that I believe all readers of fiction and Christian fiction would enjoy this book, unless you want no kissing in the books you read.

I am looking forward to book 2 in the series. I was given a copy by the author for my honest opinion

I am giving "Take Me Back To Texas" by Amy Lillard four stars!




No comments: