Tuesday, June 11, 2013

"Field of Daises" by Barbara Hattemer





"Field of Daises" by Barbara Hattemer gets 5 stars, but if I could I would give it many more. It is fiction but based on the author's own life.
 Andrea and Lans Mulder had a perfect marriage. They were the best parents.  But they both didn't have their parents in their childhood as much as they wanted because their parents were successful bussiness people and travel a lot.  So they determined to be there for their children.   This book is filled with heartaches but ends with joy. After Andrea's father's fatal heart attack , her mother shows signs of Alzheimer's disease. Andrea chooses to take care of her mother and Lans is feeling left out, their marriage starts to suffer. Can this marriage be restored? This story tells about Lans and Andra's courtship interwoven into the present.
       The author tells a good story while describing the symptoms of Alzheimer's. She also lets the reader know that Jesus cares and we only have to ask him.
     I couldn't read this book all in one setting as the relationship between Andrea and her grandparents was to much like my relationship with my grandma. Grandma was my best friend growing up and I miss her so much yet today even through it has been 11 years since she went to be with the Lord. But let me reassure you I loved this book and reccommend it to anyone that likes to read and anyone that is dealing with  someone that has Alzheimer's. No, this book isn't a technical book that tells about the disease but just a story that might encourage  and show someone that what they are facing is normal and that they are not alone.
      I received this book from www.bookfun.org to read and post my honest opinion.  

4 comments:

Judy said...

Great review Debbie! I'm putting this book on my wish list!

Blessings!
Judy B

Debbie Curto said...

Thanks Judy

Cindi A said...

Great review, Debbie. I'm glad that you enjoyed this book as much as I did. Ü

Debbie Curto said...

Thank Cindi A It was a great book!