Tuesday, May 6, 2014

" Courting Cate" by Leslie Gould

"Courting Cate" by Leslie Gould is a five star novel. It is the first in " The Courtships of Lancaster County Trilogy. This is the first book written by Leslie Gould that I have read, but it definitely won't be the last! In fact before I had even finished this book I bought the other two books in this series. 

This book had my attention from the first sentence because Cate was a reader like me. In fact, her father thought she read to much. He made an announcement that her younger sister Betsy couldn't court or marry till Cate did. 

Pete Treger comes to town and him and Cate agreed to court. Then Cate finds out that twin brothers offer to pay Pete to court Cate because they want to court Betsy!

Betsy wants to get married to Levi, and she comes up with a "lie" to get Cate to marry Pete! So Peter and Cate get marry and have a marriage of convince, but is a marriage of convince the best for them! 

Oh I forgot to say that Pete is a reader also. 

I couldn't wait to get to the end of this book, it was full of twists and turns. It was a story of forgiveness and family issues. 

I cannot wait to read the other two books.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great review. This book sounds wonderful.

Unknown said...

seraphinangel7(at)aol(dot)com