Saturday, May 3, 2014

"Ghost No More" by Cee James

"Ghost No More" by Cee James is a five star nonfiction book. The subjects address in this book isn't for everyone but then I think everyone should be aware that abuse, in all forms, ( mental, physically and sexual do exist and are hidden for many years before they come out in the open. 

I really couldn't put this book down but at the same time was thinking I don't want to read this, the people you trust to protect and love you are the ones who are doing such terrible things!


Cee James has written a heart felt and honest account of her life. She only wanted love from her parents, mostly her mom, but all she got was abuse in all forms. Then her grandparents enter the abuse and even the legal system lets her down! The tears were falling as I read this book. Again I stress that we all need to be aware that this happens and is happening more and more! This book is honestly written but not with graphic details! 

This book also gives proof that God makes "Beauty out of Ashes" and Cee gives the steps she took to be on the road to healing and I like the fact that she doesn't make false claims that she never has to stop and be reminder that she isn't that same little girl as she was! 

I was given an ebook copy for an honest review and I have written it even though it was one of the hardest ones I have written because it evoked memories from my own life. There is going be a sequel to this book and you can sign up for the newsletter at the end of the book.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Putting this book on my wish list. Great review Debbie!