Monday, October 19, 2015

Promise to Keep: A Novel (Promise of Sunrise 3 ) BY Elizabeth Byler Younts

BOOK DESCRIPTION:
World War II Marine Joe Garrison returns home from war longing to be a father to his deaf daughter, Daisy, only to find that she is attached to Esther Detweiler, the Amish woman who has raised her since his wife’s death in this touching historical romance.

Orphaned as a child, Esther Detweiler is used to caring for herself and her ailing grandmother. They made the best out of a hard life and poverty without asking for help. They even take in her shunned cousin’s deaf daughter, Daisy, when her mother dies and her father goes off to war. When Esther’s grandmother dies, Daisy is all she has.

When war veteran Joe Garrison returns, all he can think about is recovering from the horrors of war and building a relationship with his seven-year-old daughter. Daisy, however, is unwilling to leave Esther, whom she loves. Joe and Daisy get to know each other again, but Joe struggles with nightmares and fatherhood is proving to be more difficult than he imagined. Esther loves Daisy and despite her Amish ways, Joe finds himself drawn to her as a woman and not just a caregiver.

As their love blossoms, Joe decides to send Daisy away to a school for the deaf which propels their lives into turmoil and a battle for love and family.

AUTHOR INFO 
Elizabeth Byler Younts is an Air Force officer's wife and a homeschooling mom with two young daughters, currently living in central Pennsylvania. Elizabeth was Amish as a child and after her parents left the church she still grew up among her Amish family and continues to speak Pennsylvania Dutch. Elizabeth is a member of the American Christian Fiction Writers and Romance Writers of America.

Elizabeth's first book SEASONS: A REAL STORY OF AN AMISH GIRL, her Amish grandmother's memoir, was an #1 Amazon Bestseller and winner of a BRAG Medallion. PROMISE TO RETURN, her first novel in the Promise of Sunrise series through Howard Books (Simon & Schuster), is a finalist for a 2014 RITA Award. Through her love for storytelling and her Amish heritage, Elizabeth shares with readers worldwide authentic stories filled with little known Amish history, faith, and romance.

Go to www.elizabethbyleryounts.com to learn more.

MY REVIEW:
"Promise to Keep"by Elizabeth Byler Younts is the third and final book in the (Promise of Sunrise Series) and my favorite of the three.  I have read all four of Elizabeth Younts's book, the first one," SEASONS: A REAL STORY OF AN AMISH GIRL" , isn't part of this series,but is the first one I read and made me a fan of her work.

"Promise to Keep" is a novel that ends the (Promise Of Sunrise Series) beautifully. I knew how I wanted this series to end and I wasn't sure it would end that way and I am not going to give any spoilers and tell you if it ended the way I wanted it too or not, you have to read it yourself but you won't be disappointed, I will tell you it did end in a way I didn't see happening but I was happy with it ending that way! 

Elizabeth Younts knowledge of the Amish makes her novels so real and she write so well that I could see the scenes play out in my mind as I was reading the words she had written. 

"Promise to keep" is a novel filled with loss and betrayal and love. I felt the tears start as I was reading this novel. I had tears for each character and yes there was a few tense moments involving "Daisy" a deaf girl, but that will be all I will say about that, don't want to give anything way.

"Promise to Keep" can be a stand alone novel but I strongly urge you to read the other two as well to get the full story of Joe and Elizabeth and Daisy.

I hope I have convinced you to read "Promise to Keep"and if you are not already a fan of Elizabeth Younts you become one.

I am giving "Promise To Read" 5 stars.

I was given a copy of "Promise To Keep" by the author for an honest review. These opinions are my own. 

No comments: