Tuesday, February 27, 2018

"Returning Home'' by Toni Shiloh


' Back cover Blurb –

Jo Ellen Baker is shocked to find out that the boy who teased her mercilessly throughout high school, has returned to their hometown of ''Freedom Lake, and he’s missing a leg. When his mother asks her to renovate their carriage house to give him a place to gain his independence back, she wants to say no. But one look at him brings a rush of forgotten feelings.

Evan Carter can’t believe he has to return home and live with his parents. Every hope and dream he ever had dissipated in a car crash that cost him his leg. Stuck in a wheelchair, he’s forced to reexamine his relationship with God and the local carpenter, Jo Ellen Baker.

Will renovating his home open the door for a mended relationship, or are some wounds too deep to heal from?  

Buy links –
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2hk5qoJ  
B&N: https://tinyurl.com/y9kwhhp7
Kobo: https://tinyurl.com/ybrf3xrc
iTunes: https://tinyurl.com/y9hr6gvl
Goodreads: https://tinyurl.com/yb5bupgd









Author bio –
Toni Shiloh is a wife, mom, and Christian fiction writer. Once she understood the powerful saving grace thanks to the love of Christ, she was moved to honor her Savior. She writes to bring Him glory and to learn more about His goodness.
She spends her days hanging out with her husband and their two boys. She is a member of the American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) and president of the Virginia Chapter.
You can find her on her website at http://tonishiloh.wordpress.com.
.




My Review
"Returning Home'' by Toni Shiloh is a wonderful story of a second chance at love. It is also a story of forgiveness and God's mercy.

This story really hit home with me because like Evan, my mom had to have a leg amputated about three weeks ago, so I think that is one reason why I was hooked into the story from the start.

I really liked how the characters were shown as imperfect and how they grew in their faith.

This story is what a Christian Fiction should be, one without bad languages or explict scenes.

I felt like I was reliving my relationships with my grandma when I was reading the scenes with Jo Ellen and her grandma.

This book had moments that might make a reader cry because the book was so true to life.

"Returning Home'' by Toni Shiloh is the first book in the series and I am looking forward to reading the next book in "Freedom Lake Novel" series.

I recommend "Returning Home'' by Toni Shiloh to anyone that likes a clean love story that is more than boy meets girl and they fall in love.

This story is about characters who left and came back to Freedom Lake.

There are a couple of characters that I think other readers would want to read their story and found out why they act the way they do, and those characters are Jo Ellen's mom and sister.

I was given a complimentary copy by the author and Celebrate Lit. These opinions are my own.



2 comments:

Becky said...

Another great review, Debbie! I have long enjoyed Toni's books!!

Toni Shiloh said...

Thank you so much for your review, Debbie! I hope you enjoy book 2 as well.