Thursday, April 30, 2020

"The Story Peddler" by Lindsay A. Franklin




Selling stories is a deadly business
Tanwen doesn’t just tell stories—she weaves them into crystallized sculptures that sell for more
than a few bits. But the only way to escape the control of her cruel mentor and claw her way
from poverty is to set her sights on something grander: becoming Royal Storyteller to the king.
During her final story peddling tour, a tale of treason spills from her hands, threatening the king
himself. Tanwen goes from peddler to prey as the king’s guard hunts her down . . . and they’re
not known for their mercy. As Tanwen flees for her life, she unearths long-buried secrets and
discovers she’s not the only outlaw in the empire. There’s a rebel group of weavers . . . and
they’re after her too.
Awards:
***2019 Carol Award winner, Debut***
***2019 Realm Award Book of the Year***




Lindsay A. Franklin is a best-selling author, freelance editor, and homeschooling mom of three. She would
wear pajama pants all the time if it were socially acceptable. Lindsay lives in her native San Diego with her
scruffy-looking nerf-herder husband, their precious geeklings, three demanding thunder pillows (a.k.a.
cats), and a stuffed marsupial named Wombatman.
Ebook files: https://BookHip.com/KRZXJD
Social media:
https://www.facebook.com/enclave.publishing/
https://twitter.com/enclavebooks
https://www.instagram.com/encla
I really wanted to like this story but honestly I didn't.  I mean, you would think a reader like me would like a story where a story teller can make their stories actually show colors ribbons.  I don't know if it is because I read so many books that I feel like I could crawl into the pages and see the scenes unfold and this book didn't make me feel that way.  I wouldn't say this book was a complete failure as the ending was great. I did like Tanwen.  She was honest and loyal and a friendly character.

I don't say this often, but I might like this story better if I could have seen a movie first, it might have helped if I could have seen the colors described in 3D. 

This book to me was boring, I'm sorry but I need to be honest. I think this is a book that reader s really like or don't like. 

I have read this book twice and have felt the same way both times. I will also say that I have read the second book in the series and it was so much more to my liking.

I know this book is a fantasy and not real life but I honestly couldn't see this happening.  If you like fantasy and I know lots of readers have say great things about this book, so I recommend you reading it for yourself.  

I was given a contemporary copy by the author and Celebrate Lit. These opinions are my own.






No comments: