Thursday, October 24, 2013

I, Saul by Jerry B. Jenkins


I, Saul by Jerry B. Jenkins is definitely a five star novel.


This book is a stirring fiction with facts of scripture and brings to life one of history's greatest men, the Apostle Paul.

  The story starts with Augie getting a text from his friend to drop everything and rush to his aid as there has been a murder. Augie's friend is next in line to be killed.

The story goes back and forth between modern day Texas and first century Rome.

Augie is a seminary professor who is struggling with trying to make his father love him and trying to get on with his life and marry his finance Sofia.

The mystery is an artifact ( the memoir of Paul's is found in a prison wall) is stolen and the thieves are not who you think they are.

If you like mystery and Biblical fact and fiction, then this is the story for you. 

It is fast paced and I loved reading the story of Paul's life as a child up to his death. This novel has Paul's account of Stephen's stoning and Paul's conversion on the Road to Damascus. These facts are written on parchment that Luke, ( the doctor) tries to help Paul finish and protect before Paul is killed. 

Augie and Roger (the one that sent the text)  are friends and have been for years. Roger knows the Bible and is able to quote it but he is not a believer and that is the one thing that Augie wants to make sure gets resolved though out the story. I won't tell you whether or not Roger becomes a believer or not! But I know you want to know, so read this book!

Even through the book is fiction I believe it will give the reader a new insight into way Paul acted the way he did before he met the Lord and why he was so great a witness after.

The only thing I was disappointed in was the very last sentence of this book, ( because I, Paul is coming in 2014). I want to read it now but am eagerly waiting for this second book about Paul.

I was given a copy of this book for my honest review by Worthy Publishing Group.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Wow...Debbie, great review! I will put this book on my wish list! Thanks for your review!

Blessings!
Judy B

Debbie Curto said...

Thanks Judy