Sunday, December 30, 2018

"Escape: Intense, Book 1 " by Glenn Haggerty

Back Cover Copy
“I’d never seen a dead body before, but I was pretty sure the guy in the car trunk was dead.”
 Middle school's tough, and Tyler Higgins just wants to hang with the cool kids. But Dustin’s idea of quality entertainment is spying on parked cars on Lover’s Lane. When two creeps show up with a body, Tyler doesn’t want to stick around. Then again, he might not have much choice.





Author Bio


Glenn writes inspiring adventures with an edge. No matter how dark the day, finding hope to pursue the prize is the core of all his novels and studies. He is a member of ACFW (American Christian Fiction Writers), a graduate of Vision Loss Resources and Bethel Seminary, the father of six and grandfather of seven. Glenn likes tandem biking, kayaking, and daydreaming and lives in Minneapolis with his wife. He is also an award-winning author with short stories published in Splickety, Havok, Cadet Quest and Partners. Chase, the third book in his Intense series was released on April 1, 2018.



My Review
"Escape: Intense, Book 1 " by Glenn Haggerty is written for children but this 59 year old reader loved it. It was a fast paced intense read. Tyler wants to be a cool kid so he follows Dustin's lead which leads to trouble.  The book starts out with “I’d never seen a dead body before, but I was pretty sure the guy in the car trunk was dead.”, and then describes the rest of the action and then tells the story of what lead to them being there to be in that kind of trouble.

This story tells what happens when you follow someone just to be part of the cool crowd, you definitely get what you don't want. 

This is the first book in the series and I have added the other two books to my to be read list. 

I don't know if I should admit this, but I will, I laughed out loud at the end because "Life isn't fair".

I was given a complimentary copy by the author and Celebrate Lit. These opinions are my own.

No comments: