Monday, July 8, 2013

"Maggie Elizabeth Harrington" by DJ Swykert



"Maggie Elizabeth Harrington" by DJ Swykert gets 4 stars from me. I will have to say if my 10 year old granddaughter had read this book she would give it 5 stars. The only reason I gave it 4 instead of 5 is the repeating of things. I can understand the repeating because it was written from a young girl's point of view.  I really loved the story and will read more from this DJ Swykert.
       Maggie Elizabeth is a very lonely girl who lives with her father and grandmother. Her mother died when Maggie Elizabeth was born. Her father doesn't talk very much. Maggie Elizabeth is in love with Tommie,(the boy next door). When Maggie and Tommie find a litter of four wolves,they try to save them from the bounty hunters. This story tells of their efforts to hide and protect the wolves and how the wolves become their friends. This story is very touching and the ending is just like real life but I was hoping that it wouldn't be. I have to keep reading to see what happen it. Any animal lover or nature lover would love this tender story of love for animals and a clean love story. Yes there was talk of kissing on the lips hard and sharing of a bed but nothing is inappropriate.
 I was given a copy of this book by the publisher for an honest review.

No comments: