Monday, July 15, 2013

"Not By Sight" by Kathy Herman


"Not By Sight" by Kathy Herman is definitely a 5 star book.  I really loved reading this book! "Not By Sight" is the first book in the Ozark Mountain Trilogy.


This book would make a great movie. I was wanting to get to the end  almost from the beginning, not because I didn't like it but because I knew how I wanted it to end! This book had many surprises in it.  And I have to say that yes I was happy in one way with the ending but it was sad too! The ending is the way real life is.  I will be remembering the characters in this story for a long time!

The book starts out on the fifth anniversary of the disappearance of Micah and Riley Jo Cummings, father and sister, of Abby Cumming. While Abbey is in town one day she sees a little girl that she knows is Riley Jo, but her family doesn't believe her because they have all given up and Abbey has done this before. Abby is determined to find this little girl and is threatened. Her friend Jay also tries to help her and they both end up in danger and there are reported missing.  Abby's mother used to have faith that God was everything and knew all things and would take care of them, but since her husband's and daughter's disappearance she doesn't believe anymore.

Will Micah and Riley Jo and Abby and Jay be found? And who is the little girl Abby is sure is Riley Jo? Will Kate finally turn back to God and faith? To found out the answers to these and other questions raised in the book read this fantastic book by Kathy Herman.

I am eagerly awaiting book 2 in this series.
 I received this book from www.bookfun.org to read and post my honest opinion.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Great review Debbie! I'll have to put this on my list for sure!

Blessings!
Judy B

Debbie Curto said...

yes I think you would like this book!