Toni Shiloh is a wife, mom, and Christian fiction writer. Once she understood the powerful saving grace thanks to the love of Christ, she was moved to honor her Savior. She writes to bring Him glory and to learn more about His goodness.
"Returning Home Book Spotlight"
She spends her days hanging out with her husband and their two boys. She is a member of the American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) and president of the Virginia Chapter.
You can find her on her website at http://tonishiloh.wordpress.com
"Returning Home Book Spotlight"
Jo Ellen Baker is shocked to find out that the boy who teased her mercilessly throughout high school, has returned to their hometown of Freedom Lake, and he’s missing a leg. When his mother asks her to renovate their carriage house to give him a place to gain his independence back, she wants to say no. But one look at him brings a rush of forgotten feelings.
Evan Carter can’t believe he has to return home and live with his parents. Every hope and dream he ever had dissipated in a car crash that cost him his leg. Stuck in a wheelchair, he’s forced to reexamine his relationship with God and the local carpenter, Jo Ellen Baker.
Will renovating his home open the door for a mended relationship, or are some wounds too deep to heal from?
- What is the first book that made you cry? Honestly, I can't remember the name of it. I just remember the premise, a sixteen-year old caught AIDS after receiving a life saving blood transfusion. Falls in love with a boy and ends up dying. I sobbed buckets.
- Did you ever consider writing under a pseudonym? No. However, I have some books I'm writing that aren't contemporary romance and I have thought of a pseudonym for those. Still not sure which direction I'll go or if they'll ever get published.
- What other authors are you friends with, and how do they help you become a better writer? I'm friends and critique partners with Andrea Boyd, the author of the Kingdoms of Kearnley series. She pushes me to make my characters better, avoid those moments of telling (instead of showing), and just general support and encouragement. I also bug my author friends Mikal Dawn (Count Me In) and Sarah Monzon (All of You) for cover advice and anything else I need to get an opinion on. They're great listeners and always have great advice.
- What’s your favorite under-appreciated novel? That's a tough question. There are so many books I have loved that don't seem to get a lot of recognition for some reason or other. One that immediately pops into my mind is Sarah Monzon's All of You. It's a breathtakingly beautiful story of God's faithfulness.
- How many unpublished and half-finished books do you have? I have 3 unpublished books, but they're all due to be published in 2018. I have 8 half-finished books and one of them I'm currently working on finishing.
- What did you edit out of this book?” A few different point of view scenes. I had one from all the secondary characters. Some critique friends said it would be confusing so I either removed them or changed into Jo or Evan's pov.
- Do you read your book reviews? How do you deal with bad or good ones? I do. I can't seem not to. The good ones make me smile and bless me. The bad ones vary. Some seem to have no point and I ignore those. Others I file away the reason they dislike the book and try and incorporate lessons learn into the new ones I write.
- What was your hardest scene to write? There were a couple of scenes where Jo tried to make me cry. It's a little difficult to write when the screen is all blurry. I learned a lot about her through those moments.
- What one thing would you give up to become a better writer? TV. I don't watch it that much anyway. I only tune in to a good Hallmark movie or football. 😊
- What is your favorite childhood book? Just one? I love Tikki Tikki Tembo. I loved it when I was young and when I had kids they loved it just as much.
- Is there anything else you want your fans to know about Toni Shiloh? I appreciate every review, every follow on my social media sites, every encouraging word you've sent my way. Y'all bless me every day.
Short Buy links –
Social media links –
Blogs I’m part of: