Friday, December 14, 2012

We All Need Someone To Love and for Someone To Love Us


PARTNER POWER
God formed families to give people closeness. The deepest hurt man can know is to have no one to love and no one who cares. An experienced social worker says, "I have come to realize that it is being unwanted that is the worst disease that any human being can ever experience. For all kinds of diseases there are medicines and cures, but for being unwanted. . . I don't think this terrible disease can ever be cured." We who know Christ realize that He can provide warmth and friendship. Still, we need human companionship. Thus, an important purpose of the family is to provide human warmth, touch, and friendship. In that closeness, we develop strength.

There is great power in partnership. God gave us each other to strengthen one another. Husbands look at life with a different perspective than do wives. Wives see things that husbands overlook. The way Abigail was able to cool David's anger is an excellent illustration of the way men and women complement each other (1 Samuel 25). The wise husband listens to his wife, and the wise wife hears her husband.

Even the cynical writer of Ecclesiastes recognizes the power of partnership. He says: There is one alone, without companion: He has neither son nor brother. Yet there is no end to all his labors, Nor is his eye satisfied with riches .Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour(Ecclesiastes 4:8-9 )
  1. I think the statements in this Daily Bible Reading is so right. I believe everyone needs someone to love and needs to know they are loved. I believe that God didn't make anyone to be alone (not talking being married here). I am talking about loved ones in the form of sisters (blood or friends) or brothers(blood or friends). The loved ones in our life make all the difference in how we handle and cope with the trials and tests that come to us. I have known and heard of people that had a really hard life but because someone loved them and they loved someone in return they weren't bitter or selfish. Of course the love of God is the most precious kind of love. And we need to remember that He loved us first. His love is never failing. I know sometimes it is really hard to see or understand His love when some things happen but we just need to trust and someday it will all be clear how He had it all under control and it was really in our best interest. I do believe God sends the right people into our lives at the right time to show us His love if we just open our eyes and heart to Him. Wow when I started this blog this morning I had no idea it would have all this in it. Now I am wondering if God is speaking to someone personally or if He is speaking to me or if He is speaking to everyone that reads this. Remember I Corinthians 13:1-13 gives us a list of what love is and then in verse 13 it lists  faith,hope and love and then it tells us love is the greatest of the three. So if love is the greatest of the three doesn't it seem that we need it from others and that we need to give it it to others. Like I have already stated I had no idea where  this was headed when I started typing this morning but before I end this I need to say one more thing. God showed his love when He came as a baby to earth knowing He will pay the ultimate sacrifice to show his love. Can't we show love in a small way today and everyday.

No comments: