Sunday, December 30, 2012

"Paradise Valley" by Dale Cramer

"Paradise Valley"by Dale Cramer is definitely a 5 star book.This is the first book by Dale Cramer that I have read and I will definitely be reading more.   This is the first book in a series of three. I started reading this book because it is the next book for discussion in my book club. I had a feeling that I wouldn't like this book, I have no idea way I felt that way. I am so glad that I didn't listen to that feeling and not read the book. I was caught up in the story from the first paragraph, When Caleb Bender and other Amish men are arrested for not sending their children to school 5 days a week, Caleb moves his family to Paradise Valley in Mexico, in hopes to avoid the school issue and hopefully to improve, his wife, Martha's health. They encounter bandits and snakes but they make a success of their life there, Emma Bender has a secret of her own and is able to keep it for awhile because her and Levi Mullet get married so he can move to Mexico with the Benders and Rachel is upset because even through she isn't old enough for courting her and Jake Weaver are sort of secretly courting.Miriam has never had a beau and fears moving to Mexico she never will. The Benders will surprise you in their choices and the friends they make. I can't wait to read the other 2 books.  This book is Amish but with the bandits and all it makes me think if more westerns were like this I might read more of them.

2 comments:

Judy said...

I read this book quite some time ago and loved it! You'll love book 2, The Captive Heart. I'm waiting to read book 3, Though Mountains Fall. My sister bought this one. I get it when she is finished with it!! Woohoo!

Good review Debbie!

Blessings!
Judy

Debbie Curto said...

Thanks Judy